setting the scene
- you reached 1m followers on TikTok, and the advertising requests roll in
- while sponsorships bring in the dough, they come with several pain points, including:
- sending manual invoices to each brand 😥
- paying high international exchange rates 😫
- waiting weeks for the money to arrive 🙄
- managing payments costs creators time and stress, which impacts the quality of new content
- this week’s company helps creators focus on what they do best by providing a solution to manage payments and receive money instantly
in a sentence
Dealflow is a platform that enables creators to receive instant payments and brands to manage creator expenses
- creators: send invoices and collect payments for free
- instant: for a small fee, creators can get same-day payments and withdraw money from anywhere
- expenses: brands receive a virtual credit card, earn cash back, and pay one monthly bill for all creator partnerships
bulleted version: Dealflow combines the easy invoices and instant withdrawals of Venmo with the upfront lending of a bank loan to help money flow between creators and brands 💸
- founders need banking that grows with them, from the day an idea is born to the day it makes millions in revenue – and beyond
- no matter your stage, Mercury understands and delivers on startup needs – helping you build your business with focus and confidence every step of the way
- they reimagine the business banking experience to be as modern as the startups they serve, offering everything from banking basics to alternative financing options like Venture Debt
- today, more than 100k companies across industries, stages, and business types choose Mercury for its ease-of-use, speed, and moments of unexpected delight
- apply online in 10 minutes and experience business banking as it should be
Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC.
what we like
- 💥 age of the influencer: the market for influencer marketing is valued at $16.4b, up 19% from 2021
- plus, 2/3 of marketers plan to increase their influencer budgets
- 🎨 letting creators create: the creator economy is estimated at $100b, with over 50m global creators
- 🌏 expansion potential: the company plans to grow beyond Denmark to the sizable UK and US influencer markets
- Dealflow’s ambitious roadmap (think creator debit cards and influencer databases) will help the company add, upsell, and retain customers everywhere
- ⚠️ risk management: Dealflow’s model is dependent on brands making their monthly payments
- 🇺🇸 the US market: while the US creator economy provides a promising opportunity, the competitive market poses consistent challenges for EU startups
- ✅ approval process: do Dealflow’s creator and brand screening processes limit the size and demographic of the company’s user base?
why Dealflow: with a user base and transaction volume growing ~100% each month and strong testimonials from brands and creators, this startup is the real deal 🤝
what do you think about this startup?
we want to hear from you!