setting the scene
- you travel to an unfamiliar country for the holiday break 🛬
- after a long day of layovers and flight delays, you arrive at your hotel and realize you misplaced the handwritten list of recommendations from your friend 🤬
- you scour the internet for the must-do’s in the area, but the thousands of blog posts and dated Google photos leave you overwhelmed 🤷🏾♀️
- if only you could receive instant answers on how to spend your vacation 🧞♂️
- this week’s company disrupts the way we access information by connecting relevant users in a chat
in a sentence
Superfy is a social platform that allows users to ask questions and receive answers from real people in seconds
- answers: a patented matching algorithm sends a question to relevant users based on age, location, topic, timezone, and other variables
- real people: once a user answers a question, Superfy introduces the two users and initiates a private chat
bulleted version: Superfy combines Google search with advice from a friend; search a question and instantly reach users with an answer 🔎
- industries: social media, messaging, search, mobile app
- headquarters: Tel Aviv, Israel 🧆
- year founded: 2016
- company size: <15 employees 💼
- investors & grants: friends and family, Israeli Innovation Authority
- amount raised: $3.4m; currently raising post-seed round
- business model: advertising, in-app purchases
- blockchain technologies are revolutionary but difficult for the average person to comprehend
- WTFcrypto is a newsletter that provides crypto education for normal people
- it’s so simple your grandparents will understand!
- subscribe and join thousands of new crypto experts receiving WTFcrypto in their inbox
what we like
- ⚡️gen z understanding: Superfy caters to a new era of social media that features online communities, typing over talking, and information discovery
- 👀 high engagement: with a 30.5% 8-week retention rate and 85% of users answering others’ questions, Superfy’s app is sticky and addicting
- 💰 superb markets: Superfy plays in the growing social media, recommendation engines, and live chat markets
- 👮🏽 monitoring users: the company must ensure appropriate behavior and relevant answers in private chats to keep users safe and engaged
- 🎨 design: does Superfy’s user interface meet gen z’s design demands?
- ⛔️ misinformation: how does the app plan to avoid the growing problems of fake news and misinformation as it scales?
why Superfy: with 9m monthly messages, $1 cac, and 85k daily active users on the platform for 20 minutes each day, Superfy’s key performance indicators are superior
what do you think about this startup?
we want to hear from you!